flower

Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Sweet Baby Kyle"


Last night a sweet little baby boy was born at 7:26 PM, weighing in at 8lbs and measuring 20 inches long. He has stolen away my heart like I never could have imagined ! Look at that precious little face ! Having had three sons, I know all about the snips and snails and puppy dog tales and everything that boys are made of. I just never dreamed that having a grandson could be so very special. When I held him today 20 plus years of time that has passed since I last held one of my own infant sons, came soflty to my memory and my heart just swelled with love for this little guy. Watching his mother Gerri hold him and rock him made me so thankful that he was here and I thanked her for this sweet baby boy. His daddy was taught by the nurse to diaper him and bathe him also today and I smiled as I watched him change Kyle's diaper just after I arrived. Then when he held him and kissed his sons head so sweetly my eyes welled up a bit. How awesome to watch your child with their own, a new experience for me and one I will journal about in Kyle's scrapbook I'm making for his parents. Friends have shared how wonderful it is to have a grandchild, but I honestly never dreamed I'd have this wonderful feeling of being overwhelmed with such joy ! I am so looking forward to reliving the days when my own children were young and seeing the world through little Kyle's eyes. I'm so thankful for his and his mama's health and that all three are doing just fine. What a dear and special blessing they are, thanks be to God.

3 comments:

nono said...

مدونة رائعة وموضوعاتك جميلة .. بالتوفييييق

Cathy Lloyd said...

He is just beautiful Dawn! Congratulations! Enjoy all the times ahead with this little one!

Cari said...

Hey Miss Dawn... Saw your comments on my BAP! Thanks!! So glad you are blogging now and I LOVE THE NEW ADDITION TO YOUR FAMILY!! Your grandson is just BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations!! I'll be checking in on a regular basis. Hugs!!