flower

Sunday, August 2, 2009

thinking of a name.......


I have put a deposit down on a meyers baby bird and can barely wait until she is weaned. Another fellow blogger owns one she named, "Stella," after her grandmother. Cute name and according to Maria, Stella is a baaaaaaad birdie. I have read many of her antics and she is just a hoot. That is Stella sitting in Maria's green teapot in the photo above. When I saw it I nearly fell off my chair laughing aloud. She thought she was hiding from her owner and her cute little head would serve as the lid but she was found out. Maria is so comical she once said if you looked up the word evil in wikipedia you would find a description of Stella and a picture of her also. She actually showed it on her blog. She really had folks believing it and said she had copied the page and photo shopped the pic of poor Stella. My baby won't be weaned until probably mid September. I'm thinking of calling her Lola or Tasha after the late Natasha Richardson. She was such a talented and beautiful actress, how tragic that she died at the young age of 45. On a happier note Gerri worked her last day on Saturday and we await baby Kyle to be born. How very exciting. I haven't looked at baby things so much in 20 years. Amazing all the new fandangled things they've come out with. One of my favorites is a quilted cover that fits over the area where you sit a child in a shopping cart. It covers up all the germs. Surely a Mom thought that one up, great idea ! Bring it home after use and throw it in the washer until the next shopping trip. I'm keeping my phone by my bed in case I get the call in the night that baby is on his way to be born. I have been finding Pooh Bear things for his room. I love Pooh and Tigger and Piglet etc. Can't wait to read to little Kyle too, I'm really looking forward to that. We'll make many library trips to get books to share ~ books can take you anywhere ! Blessings to all <3

No comments: