flower

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A larger than life birthday.........



Today is my 53rd birthday. I commented on my facebook page that rather than burning the house down with that many candles lit atop a cake large enough to hold them all I pondered on switching the numbers around and using 35 instead. That way maybe only the house smoke alams would go off. I've been thinking a lot of the kindness we all need to extend to others and was reminded by my Aunt about that yesterday on our way back home from my Uncles funeral. Imagine how much lower our blood pressures would be were we not to let things bother us to the extent that we sometimes do. Why also is it that wisdom doesn't arrive between our ears until we're much older. Thankfully most of us have some horse sense but perhaps it's the life lessons that cannot be taught that bring the wisdom in later years. I try to teach my sons that everyone has a story and to be mindful not to judge for that very reason. We don't always know what path life has taken them down and the valleys they may have gone through just to live each day. I know that's why we become much wiser by listening than by talking. There is much to learn, even with each new day and someone we have yet to meet that may be one to teach us. I'll close here with a quote, one that I often think of when I think of my darling husband <3

If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one so that I never have to be without you. Author- Pooh Bear

No comments: