flower

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Visit

My Aunt Shirley called me to ask me to ride along with her down to Chillicothe to visit my Uncle Charles her brother. I was overjoyed and responded with a resounding, 'yes !' I contemplated how much fun it would be the trip down and back with her. She is always so much fun to be with and when I think of her it just makes my heart smile. When I think of my Mothers three sisters she reminds me most of Mom so it's such a treat to see her whenever possible. We only circled Columbus once trying to find the bypass around it ( giggle ) so that just added to the silliness. Once there we planned a cookout for evening which was very enjoyable. Uncle Charles is not doing very well and has been sick with a pulmonary infection and on continuous oxygen. It's hard to see him sick, reminds me of my own Dad who passed away in 1995. I can scarcely believe that much time has passed. Shouldn't life SLOW down as we age. I ponder that one often however next thing I know a month has passed so I guess I'd best keep up. It was a delight to see Diana my cousin, and her husband Wayne again. In fact I phoned the night before we left to talk with her and Wayne answered. I remarked did he think he could put up with me yet again. Didn't visit for 3 years then did 3 times within a matter of about 6 weeks. He laughed and said sure, LOL. Joyful though and always so very much fun. Diana is most definitely like the big sister I never had and is a sweet blessing in my life standing in the gap filling a void left by another. So I give thanks for that time spent visiting and the memories that were made. Life is a treasure indeed.

No comments: