flower

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cannon-The Boys in The Band




Two of my sons are in a band called, "Cannon." They played out a few weeks ago at St. Bernadettes Church in Westlake much to the chagrin of their parents and friends ! They played well for a first time out and had gotten the word out that they would be there by word of mouth and handing out flyers at a local mall. A nice crowd turned out to see them, lots of fun ! Last night they played at the,"Newport Music Hall" in Columbus Ohio. Apparently a lot of big name bands got their start playing at this place - so very cool !! Several other bands played but the two main bands were listed on the tickets and Tyler our middle son, the guitarist/backup singer commented that they were..... and more <---- listed on the ticket. He cracks me up. Ryan is the singer for the band and Tony is the bass player/backup singer also. Our oldest Dustin said he was very impressed that they were playing at a venue that required buying tickets through ticketmaster. I thought it very cool also. Jared, our youngest and the drummer made it through the night thankfully, even though he had an awful accident smashing his left index finger with a sledge hammer. The end of it literally exploded, just awful. He played like a trooper but I'm sure it throbbed terribly. The guys all went to school together and are really good friends. All in all, they got to play for close to 45 minutes and I would call it a stellar performance, not biased or anything you know, LOL !! I love them all so much and it is with great joy that I watch them fulfilling dreams they're dreaming. In the back from left to right are, Tyler, Ryan, Jared and Tony. I don't know who the girls are. I'll end here with a little tidbit.......not mine of course, I just like it.

Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.

No comments: