flower

Monday, July 27, 2009

Bittersweet Summer


This past Tuesday my Uncle Charles passed away, he was 73 and I want to quote the pastor that spoke at his service today in saying that he lived a, 'beautiful life.' He had been ill with pulmonary edema and it was his heart that gave out Tuesday. He was married to my Aunt Betty for 56 years. He was a wonderful father to four grown children, grandchildren and great grandchildren that spoke so highly of their love for him today and the joy that he and his wife have added to their lives. He was a State Farm Insurance agent in Chillicothe Ohio for more than 30 years and thought so much of his customers and they of him. He recently gave his life to Christ and I'm sure is now with our other loved ones that have passed including my own Mother, his sister. He will be greatly missed by all of us privledged to know and love him. He touched many lives in his own lifetime. He teasingly called me Donnachellnabber and my sister Briarcatty when we saw him and always told us we were, "prettier than speckled pups." I will remember him fondly though we'll all miss him so much. I'm so grateful for having gone down to visit and see him twice in the past couple of months. I'm thankful also that the suffering has ended and for the beautiful service and many family members who were able to make the trip safely. I pray them all safe travel mercies back home again. Days are precious and so are loved ones. May we never take any of it for granted for how swiftly the days go by but yet another season has passed - not only in the year but our lives as well.

No comments: